Saturday, January 14, 2012

Kayaking

Photo credit:   www.oklahomaroadtrips.com

Cruising on a speed boat
Just completely lacks
The freedom I feel
Out on a kayak

Minnesota summer
Day couldn’t get hotter
The best way to spend it
Is out on the water

Getting in the kayak
Isn’t an easy task
But it’s well worth it
Once you make it in at last

Easing over the water
Steering with the paddle
I’m reminded of riding
My horse and my saddle
 
Smoothly floating along
I feel that I’m free
To go anywhere on water
Wherever I please

I explored around
Made my way into a lagoon
And actually came
Within fifteen feet of a loon

Moved on to the shallow
Peered over and down
Saw dozens of small fish
Swimming all around

So you can keep your paddle boats
Jet skis stay at bay
‘Cause I’ll take my kayak
Over them any old day
 

No comments:

Post a Comment