Saturday, January 14, 2012

Show Pen

Photo credit:   Waltenberry, Inc.
 
I’ve shown everywhere
Under the sun
Now Oklahoma City
This is the big one

National Reining Horse Association
Futurity horse show
Through the Gateway of Champions
Here we go

Calming my nerves
Now as I enter
Ready and confident
We walk to the center

Collect up and lope
Taking my time
Three circles, fast and slow
Then stop on a dime

Four spins to the left
Lope off the other way
Two fast, one slow
Stop in the middle and stay

Four spins to the right
Lope around toward the gate
Change leads twice
Complete a figure eight

Come ‘round the end
Straighten up, run him down
Run faster, say “whoa”
He melts into the ground

I let him stand up
Then roll him right back
Lope down ‘round the end
Pitch him some slack

Run hard and say “whoa”
He slides a mile
Wait a split second
Roll back with a smile

‘Round the end again
Just one more
Stop hard and back up
Hear the crowd roar

I turn and walk out
Smile, give him a pat
They announce my score:
It’s my best one yet

No comments:

Post a Comment